Saturday, June 29, 2013

Julie B Booth: 60th Anniversary Project

A selection of print blocks.
 I'm just back from Savannah having celebrated my parents' 60th Anniversary. To commemorate this auspicious event, I organized an art project. The results will be turned into a wall hanging,

I really enjoy doing fiber art projects with my 11-year-old niece, Ivy and 6-year-old niece and nephew, Poppy and Kai. We usually get together in August but this summer they are moving to a new home. The anniversary get-together seemed like a great time to get in a bit of art.

Poppy working on a print block.

We spent one day making blocks from adhesive craft foam as well as moldable foam blocks which you heat to emboss textures.

Kai getting ready to print.

The next day we printed outside in the garage.

Ivy working on an anniversary wish.
One of Judy's prints.
One of Kai's prints
One of Poppy's prints.

It was great fun. Even Poppy's feet got printed!


If you are interested in learning the specifics of this project, I will be featuring a how-to in the July issue of Julie B Booth Surface Design News. You can sign up for this free monthly on-line newsletter at my blog (upper right hand column).

Layout of the printed squares that will be turned into a wall hanging for my parents.


No comments:

Post a Comment