Thursday, December 9, 2010

Ann Liddle, continued

I've managed to upload all the images I needed at once so I don't have to go back into browse except to select what I want for a particular location.  That seems to work OK.  Whew.

This piece is called Face II.  It's hand-stitched on sheer poly organza.  When the lighting is right, the shadows created by the stitching adds a lot to the work.

This piece is a virtual vessel - it has no bottom.  It's hand stitched (the feet on canvas) and colored with colored pencil.  It's called On the Beach.



Two recent pieces are papier mache.  I did a lot of figurative sculpture in papier mache several years ago but returned to it to make decorative plates and vases.  These are Pointed Shadow and Red Shadow.




Lastly, I've been working on some hand needled felted jewelery.  This piece is Turquoise.  It's backed with linen and the "cord" is also linen.

No comments:

Post a Comment