Friday, March 22, 2013

Studio Shots by Anne Buchal


They say “variety is the spice of life”, but sometimes, in practical terms, it gets in the way of being a good thing. A friend gifted me with a large, L shaped table top when she moved out of her studio. What luxury! I had never had a workspace that could accommodate a framing job or room to spread out. Each project which had its own tools and materials had to be cleaned up each time I want to change media. Since a long project had its “boring” period, when I reach these times, I’m able to switch over and leave one job and pick up another. Recently, I took a long look at the workspace, which takes up a corner of the studio, and realized it was one great mess. Some things needed to be finished and out away.

The table top is now populated by 2 fiber sculptures, a CD player, boxes of pencils and clay tools, old magazines, paint brushes, impressions from a zinc plate next to them, tools used to work on the plate and next to all that is an easel with an unfinished painting of a model who posed for a “life” class.
Of all of the aforementioned, maybe it should be the plate that should have a final printing. I will probably give up on the painting and I need more fabric to finish the figures. It’s a mess, but it does keep me occupied.




No comments:

Post a Comment