Friday, March 15, 2013

Ramblings by Ann Liddle


My new series is called Ramblings.  I'm using painters tape on fabric and then spray painting (or just spray painting on one piece so far).  I then hand and machine stitch and add pieces of fabric.  I'm hoping to make many of these and to become freer and more expressive as I go.  I'm looking for a fast, fun way to create art.  Maybe these could even be called sketches.  If I can, I'd like to add some found objects.  But don't want them to become cluttered or precious.  Plus I haven't found any objects yet.  Here is my work so far.

                                       


Like Beth, I also have  two pieces from another member that I'm supposed to work with.  My pieces are from Julie Booth and are shown below.  They are wonderful and inspiring and I wonder what I will do with them.  



2 comments:

  1. Ann-Love this new direction! Seems so freeing and free-wheeling...and fun!--Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. These new pieces look fun and intriguing.

    ReplyDelete