Friday, July 19, 2013

More Stripes - Ann Liddle

I've finished all my black and white striped pieces - 9 in all.  I will use one for a a group project that my studio at the Workhouse Arts Center is doing.  Eight will be in my featured artist show that starts on Aug 7.  I've called it Stripes: On the Wall and on the Body."  By which I mean that I made some clothing too.  Here are some more pictures.  Remember that they all started with a 12" x 12" square.



Number 5


Number 3


Number 4

The clothing is all my original designs.  I made them in black silk noil with natural silk noil stripes.  They are loose fitting.  


Pattern 91, Top


Pattern 92, Tunic

I think they look better in person and on the body than in these photos!

I'm already thinking about my next series.  I had wanted to work with sheer fabric for this show but it just wasn't coming together.  I think I've thought of a better way to work with the sheer fabric so I'm excited to get started.  But some travel and other things will intervene before I can really concentrate again.  At least I got these done before I left for the beach - I have to hang my show the day after I return.



1 comment:

  1. I've really enjoyed seeing your black and white pieces as I've been experimenting with similar ideas - and posting them on my blog in lots of posts (I've got a bit obsessed with it all) but especially at http://charltonstitcher.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/black-and-white-paper.html. You might be interested in the book I mentioned by Jane Dunnewold, if you don't know it already.
    I particularly like your pattern tunics. They are lovely (very much my style!) and certainly not something I've tried.
    Good luck with them and with your exhibition.

    ReplyDelete