Sunday, April 17, 2011

Maria Simonsson - new work

I am working diligently on pieces for my upcoming show in June in DC. I did get some work done while in the US Virgin Islands, but not as much as I maybe should have. Too many distractions. Too much sunshine...

Here are a couple of pictures of my new work:
This is "Sunspots" large piece, about three feet across. It is still in transit from the islands. I hope the postal service is taking good care of it, and that it and it's companions don't get lost somewhere!



Here are some detail shots of it:





And finally an image of a piece that I actually finished at the end of last year, but I really like it. It is made up of several elements, with lots of gold stitching, which I have never used before. There are real rocks inside of the lumps of gold...


No comments:

Post a Comment