Thursday, March 10, 2011

Ann Liddle

Three of my pieces are in the exhibit "Women Interpreting the Female Form" exhibit at the Workhouse Arts Center in Lorton, VA.  It's a juried exhibit in honor of Women's History Month.  The exhibit runs through Mar 27, 2011.  My piece "Body I" won an award - I am thrilled.  Here are the pieces.


Body I is 10 small panels, each with a simple stitched body part and acrylic paint.  Each panels is about 4" x4".  When hung in body format, it's about 36" high.


This is also a stitched piece  - black on plain canvas.  It's title is "Who Will Take Care of Me When I'm Old?"


For a previous exhibit, each member of FINE made a piece in a cigar box.  This piece is made up of body sections embroidered on canvas and glued to small blocks.  The paint in acrylic.  The blocks fit into the box which has assembly instructions on the lid which tell you how to stack the blocks on top of the box.  It's called "Some Assembly Required."  Here's a version with all the blocks inside the box.

(Note - Anne Buchal's "Curly Top" in the previous blog was also one of the FINE box pieces.)

No comments:

Post a Comment